Cart is empty
The New 2017 8'6" Slated Floor Inflatable Boat
The 8'6" SS260 Saturn Slated floor inflatable boat is one of the lightest and least expensive dinghies available on a market today. It was designed solely at the request of customers looking to make an even more affordable inflatable boat. Removing the drop stitch air floor cuts cost and makes this dinghy or most portable and affordable. It is great as a dinghy tender for a small yacht or sailboat, and the value is unmatched.
This inflatable boat is lightweight and does not take up much space once deflated. It can take up to a 5 HP short shaft outboard motor and can carry up to 3 people maximum. We strongly recommend our 55lb Thrust Electric Motor (listed below color option) for this boat, it's the perfect size and is more than enough motor for 95% of our customers looking to leisurely cruise or transport passengers to your larger boat. Because of its bright red color (optional), this boat can also be used as a lifesaving raft in case of an emergency.
All of our inflatable boats are made of 1100 denier Korean PVC fabric with polyester support that has excellent resistance to tearing, tension and breaking. It is a heavy-duty PVC fabric that which rivals even our highest end competitors with 1000 denier PVC boats.
The Saturn SS260 inflatable boat comes a slated floor made of aluminum boards. These are the same heavy-duty aluminum boards that are used for seats in all our Saturn boats. The aluminum slated floor is much more reliable and rigid than regular plywood slated floors available elsewhere. It will not break, it will not rot, it will not crack over time, and it's corrosion-free! The slated floor design makes it easier to assemble and disassemble versus other full rigid floor inflatable boats. You simply unroll it and pump in air with the included hand pump or optional electric inflator.
To deflate the boat, simply open all air valves and start rolling the boat from the transom, or quickly suck all air out with an electric pump. Deflated, the SS260 Saturn boat will fold to the size of a medium bag. Once deflated and folded, this boat can be easily stored in the trunk of your car or in a closet of your apartment.
SS260 SATURN inflatable boat with aluminum slated floor is excellent as a small rowing dinghy. You can easily reach your sailboat or go for a day of fishing on the lake. The SS260 moves nice and easy when rowing, and due to the high stability of inflatable boat, it is possible to stand up for fly fishing or while boarding your yacht. This boat is a must for RV owners or anyone who wants to be on the water quick and on a budget.
Please note that SS260 Saturn slated floor boat does NOT have inflatable keel and does NOT come with high-pressure drop stitch air floor. It only comes with slatted floor using aluminum boards. However, what makes this boat different from other boats is the heavy-duty commercial grade 1.5mm 5-layer PVC floor bottom, which is almost twice of thickness regular 0.9mm PVC.
Recent customer testimonial:
"Hi, I live in Raymond, Maine. I received my boat today via FedEx, and I wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the quality of the boat and all the items it came with, I cant believe that I only paid $699.00 for it! I was looking at used ones on Craigslist for more money that were not very good, it's a great deal just wanted to let you guys know thanks" J K.
SATURN SS260 FEATURES:
- Separate internal air chambers.
- One-way drain valve with plug.
- All around, durable rubber strike.
- Splash guard in front with grab line.
- Safety valve to prevent over inflation.
- Stainless steel D-rings for easy towing.
- Reliable flat air valves with pushpin design.
- Front bow D-ring with integral lifting handle.
- Spare rope for attaching anchor is included.
- Double layer of fabric at the bottom of tubes.
- Bottom fabric is extra heavy-duty 1.5mm PVC.
- 2 directional skegs for improved tracking on bottom.
- 4-pc aluminum slated floor is included with the boat.
- Extremely rigid, lightweight hull for excellent performance.
- Lightweight and strong removable aluminum seat bench.
- Heavy-duty marine grade plywood transom for outboard motor.
- Equipment: aluminum oars, repair kit, seat bench and carry bag.
- Free, complimentary generic high-volume hand pump is included.
|Loading Capacity||600 lbs|
|Max Motor Power||5 HP (15" shaft / 80 lbs)|
|Tube Weight||75 lbs|
|Shipping Size||41 x 24 x 12"|
|Shipping Weight||85 lbs|
|Floor Type||Slatted aluminum|
|Material||1100 Denier Reinforced PVC|
|Air Valves||Recessed One-Way|
|Speed (approx.)||10 mph (5HP w/2 adults)|
|Inflation & Assembly||15 min.|
|Light Gray or Red|
* Specifications and accessories are subject to change without notice. Max O/B Motor means: maximum power of outboard motor that can be safely used to plane the boat loaded to the maximum capacity at normal water surface conditions. Please exercise common sense and caution when using maximum motor capacity. Do not jump from wave to wave as new 4-stroke motors are much heavier then 2-stroke and provide extra strain on the transom. Under normal circumstances, with half the maximum persons/load capacity, 50% of maximum O/B power rating may be necessary to put the boat on plane.
Find more Inflatable Boats by SaturnBoats.com