Cart is empty
NEW 2017 Upgraded model is now in stock! The 8'6" SATURN inflatable boat is one of the smallest dinghies available on the market with a high pressure air floor (rated over 8 psi). It's a perfect size tender for a sailboat or yacht and gives the added benefit of deflating small enough to easily fit into a closet or trunk. A reliable tender is one of the most important pieces of equipment that a cruiser can own.
This inflatable boat is lightweight and literally deflates to the size of a large suitcase. It is simple for one person to inflate/deflate/store and can take up to a 10 HP short shaft outboard motor which will comfortably carry up to 3 people. Due to the compact size this boat is also used as a lifesaving raft.
All of our Saturn inflatable boats are made of 1100 denier Korean PVC fabric with polyester support that has excellent resistance to tearing, tension and breaking. It is a commercial grade, heavy-duty PVC fabric that is superior to many of our competitor boats.
The new 2016 Saturn 8'6" (SD260) inflatable boat comes with an all-around grommet line with custom rope attachment. It also has our upgraded 5" thick high-pressure drop stitch inflatable air deck floor which has been rated to over 8 psi. While our drop stitch floors have been rated at over 8 psi, they become extremely rigid at only 3-4 psi, making them one of the most rigid inflatable options around. Not only do air floors make inflatable boats much lighter and more compact when deflated, but they also make it much easier to assemble and disassemble the boat. Simply unroll it and inflate with the included hand pump or any electric pump. The hand pump inflation option takes less than 10 minutes. To deflate the boat, simply open all air valves and start rolling the boat from the transom, or quickly suck out the air with an electric pump.
This boat is a must for RV owners or anyone who wants to get on the water quickly. It represents an affordable option to get out on the water whether you are looking to fish, cruise, use as a tender, or dive. The rigidity of the boat makes it simple to row and the high pressure floor makes it easy to stand while boarding a larger boat. An extra layer of PVC on the bottom of the tubes and the thickened rub-strake protector along the keel provide extra protection from sharp rocks and abrasive sand. Additional components not listed on the Features tab include;
- All around rope grab line.
- Separate internal air chambers.
- One-way drain valve with plug.
- All around, durable rubber strake.
- Stainless steel D-rings for easy towing.
- Reliable flat air valves with pushpin design.
- Front bow D-ring with integral lifting handle.
- Spare rope for attaching anchor is included.
- High-pressure drop stitch air floor is included.
- Deep inflatable V-keel with a rub strake protector.
- Extremely rigid, lightweight hull for excellent performance.
- Lightweight and strong removable aluminum seat benches.
- Heavy-duty marine grade plywood transom for outboard motor.
- Equipment: 2 aluminum oars, repair kit, seat bench and carry bag.
- Free, complimentary generic high-volume hand pump is included.
- Pressure relief valve will prevent excessive air pressure in the boats chambers.
New features to further improve our inflatable boats durability and practicality include:
- Air valves have been shifted toward the inside of the boat's tubes and away from direct exposure to the elements. This allows easier inflation from inside the boat and will minimize damage caused by sun and rain while the boat is stored uncovered for prolonged periods of time. Rain water will not accumulate inside the valves.
- Triangular symmetrical splash guards were installed on the transom corners to provide the sensitive transom of an uncovered boat with additional protection and shade from the elements throughout extended periods in Tropical environments.
Find more Inflatable Boats by SaturnBoats.com